Thursday, February 11, 2010

More sea life and dishcloths

The first dishcloth is a waffle stitch. I found the pattern at http://www.ravelry.com/. The second one is your basic seed stitch model. I love the seed stitch because it makes a nice texture which helps when scrubbing those stuck on pots and pans. I used some bright colors to add to my kitchen since I am starting to feel the winter blues! Needed a little pop of color in the kitchen!
The seed stitch cloth has given me the opportunity to work on my continental knitting skills. I have always been a righ hand knitter but knitting left handed when doing seed stitch definately increases my speed. I was suprise how fast I feel into a rythm with my left hand. I would only have a quarter of this cloth knit if I were using my right hand. hmmm might stick with my left for a while and see how it goes!

Seed Stitch Cloth Pattern
Worsted Weight Yarn
Size 7 or 8 needles

CO 30 to 50 stitchs(depending on how big you want it, I did 40 sts on mine)
Always cast on an even number of stitches
Row 1: K1,P1
Row 2: P1,K1
work to desired length and bind off

It's that simple and it looks and works great!

Here's what I have finish so far. Some starfish face cloths to go with the fish washcloths for the kids. I think I'll attach a piece of ribbon to each one for hanging. I got this pattern from the Mad Quilter blog. I have here link listed in my side bar if you are interested. I didn't not use the washcloth pattern. I wanted something smaller and used the coaster pattern instead. I used a size H hook instead of the G and they turned out the perfect size. I love these and I might even make some for myself!

2 comments:

  1. They look great! I love the stars. I like the knitted ones too. I must switch over soon and do some knitting too. It's so addictive crocheting and quick!

    ReplyDelete