Monday, February 22, 2010

handmade birthday

Ever since I started crocheting again 2 years ago I wanted to make play food for the kids. I printed patterns off all the time(who knows where they went) with good intentions but never made it on to actually crocheting anything. Sooo, for my daughters birthday coming up the first weekend in April I decided some play food was in order. All she has is the plastic kind that is falling apart from being crushed and chewed upon for a year or so. And I finally succeeded in making some fruit and a market tote for her. She will love them I'm sure. I hope to make a lunch kit as well. I have completed some clothes for her but my computer is not cooperating with uploading pictures right now so this one is all I could get. I used all free patterns that I found with google. I am happy with how they turned out. My plan is to complete one or two gifts every week until I have enough but if all else fails I will be making a mad dash for walmart or target the day before her birthday(this is what my husband would predict in my future). But I have faith that I will complete at least a couple more things! More pics to come.

1 comment:

  1. I am so proud of you,never thought you would turn out so many pretty things, love you Aunt Denise

    ReplyDelete